February 5, 2022
Dear Reply Patients,
We write with important updates concerning a transition at Reply Ob/Gyn & Fertility. Please review our announcements below in blue for specific information that may affect your care. We want you to know that our entire team greatly values all of our patients, and will work to ensure continuity of care for all.
From the day our doors opened in 2015, we have committed ourselves to providing mission-focused care featuring fertility awareness education and cooperative-restorative medicine. We have worked to remain accessible to all by credentialing with commercial payers as well as Medicaid and Medicare; however, this model is extremely challenging:
- The in-network insurance model is designed for assembly-line medicine, but this is not who we are. Our model is based on personalized care that views each patient as a unique, whole person.
- The in-network insurance model rewards hospital-based procedures, yet we focus on patient education and unrushed office visits.
- The in-network insurance model requires layers of administrative effort; this pulls our team away from where we want to focus–on patient care!
For these reasons, we have made the decision to go “out of network” with third-party payers and focus our services on what we do most uniquely: providing restorative reproductive medicine for those suffering from infertility/subfertility or other underlying GYN conditions. In light of this, we plan the following changes:
Effective March 15, 2022, Reply no longer will provide obstetrical/prenatal care. If you are an OB patient, we will need to transfer your care prior to March 15.
Reply ob/gyns are affiliated with UNC Medical Center in Chapel Hill and UNC Rex OB/GYN at Holly Springs. We will assist with transfer to either of these locations, or any practice of your choosing. You may wish to consult your insurance provider directory. Please note:
- OB patients will need to complete an Authorization for Release of Medical Information to transfer records; click here for the form.
- OB patients wishing to schedule with Dr. John Thorp or Dr. Rachel Urrutia may schedule with UNC by calling 919-481-4747.
- Patients wishing to schedule with Dr. Vladim Bobrovnikov may schedule with UNC Rex by calling 919-567-6133.
FERTILITY AND GYN PATIENTS
In the coming weeks, we will be providing further information about our new fertility program and our on-going care for GYN patients. These plans include:
- We will continue to welcome and accept NEW patients seeking care for infertility/subfertility or other underlying GYN conditions, and will be expanding these programs for patients in North Carolina and other states.
- We will continue care for all EXISTING patients seeing us for FERTILITY or GYN visits.
- We will NOT be accepting new patients seeking to establish care for well-woman visits or other routine GYN care. Patients wishing to schedule routine GYN care with Dr. John Thorp or Dr. Rachel Urrutia may schedule with UNC by calling 919-481-4747, or with Dr. Vladim Bobrovnikov at UNC Rex by calling 919-567-6133.
We believe these changes will position us to help as many patients as possible in core areas of our mission, and we appreciate your understanding during this time of transition. We will be sad to say farewell to some of you, but hope to continue to serve as a resource for all as we expand patient education materials on our website and elsewhere.
Please let us know if you have any questions or how we can best support you. Our front desk receptionists may be reached at 919-230-2100, extension 3. We wish all of you the best for your future health and happiness.
Deborah Colloton John M. Thorp Jr., MD
Founder & Administrator Medical Director